Pacific Sound and Vision is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation with IRC § 501(c)(3) status and based in Los Angeles. It is organized under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for charitable purposes. The specific and primary purposes of Pacific Sound and Vision are:
1. To sponsor, promote, and encourage the performing arts between the nations and cultures of the Pacific Rim. Special interest is paid to the multiple genres of contemporary, popular, and experimental music.
2. To promote an understanding and appreciation of the performing arts and in particular contemporary music.
3. To sponsor and promote educational activities in connection with, and to encourage the study of, contemporary music or songwriting.
4. To sponsor, promote and encourage the development of contemporary performers or artists – regardless of their economic or educational background.
5. To sponsor, promote and encourage international cultural exchange through the performing arts and in particular through contemporary music.